Friday 17 April 2009

Places I Will Be

The spring conference season is upon us but unfortunately, the credit crunch means that I will be staying close to home. No trips to the States or the Continent this season unless someone is looking to sponsor me. I would be happy to wear your logo while I wax lyrical about the email or digital topic of your choice.

As a free trip to Florida seems unlikely, these are the events I will be checking out over the next couple of months.

I will be hanging out on the dotDigital Group stand (E6065) at Internet World. If you find yourself in the lovely confines of Earl's Court in late April, stop by for a chat.

As you know I am not a morning person, so I am not one to usually promote an 8 AM start, especially on a Friday. The DMA Email Marketing Council is holding its first Breakfast Briefing on 12 june and this will be worth getting out of bed early. They have lined up:
  • James Thurlow, Manager, EU Communication Products, Yahoo!
  • Ben Isaacson, Privacy & Compliance Leader, CIPP, Experian CheetahMail
  • George Bilbrey, President, Return Path Inc.
All hosted by Jonathon Burston of CACI. If these guys cannot improve your deliverability - nobody can.

I am also very excited to be working with the DMA and the good folks at Revolution Events on the upcoming
Inbox/Outbox. I am back again in the Lunchtime Keynote spot on both days at 2 PM. This is the only event I know of that covers everything email from the latest archival and storage solutions to an update from the Information Commissioner's Office. Please plan to come to the New Connaught Rooms on at least one of the days for my talk. They always put me in a really big room which looks a bit lame if it is not full.

I will try to keep the events section of The Email Practice up to date and if you know of an event worth checking out, drop me a line. In the meantime, I hope to see you on the circuit.

No comments: